Friday, November 18, 2016

How to make a DIY lumber rack








I needed a place in my shop, that would be dedicated for storing lumber.

I made this rack out of spruce boards and screws.

I cut the pieces of the same length all together. I clamped them together and used a mallet to set them in line. I then used my circular saw with a guide rail to make the cross cut.

I begun the build by making the sides. I made pilot holes and screwed everything in place.

After the two sides were ready I added the cleats, again with screws. I also used a 90 degree straight edge, to make sure everything was straight.

I then cut the inner braces to size, with a handsaw and a miter box. To hold them in place before screwing them in, I used a piece of rope and a piece of wood in the way a bowsaw blade tension can be adjusted.

At this point the carcass of the rack was ready. I can add more shelves or compartments in future if I have to.

I hope you like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment