Friday, September 19, 2014

Wooden stencil of my logo made on the scroll saw






This is a stencil of Scrap wood city's logo. 

First of all I printed the logo on an A4 piece of paper. I designed the logo in a vector graphic design software. You can use Adobe illustrator, Corel draw or any other vector creating software you want in order to create your scroll saw patterns. Some logos need some fine tunings in order to become stencils. For example the letter "o" needs to have some thin stripes, otherwise the inside circle of the "o" will fall apart.

I apply spray glue on the back of my paper and I glue it on a scrap piece of plywood.

I decided to add a handle to my stencil so that my hand won't be sprayed with pain when I use the stencil. I take a pencil and I draw the outer line of my stencil.

I drill holes for the inner cuts on my drill press.

I cut out the stencil on my scroll saw.

I sand the piece with 120 grit sand paper. I do more aggressive sanding when I sand vertically. This way I can correct my stencil's curves a little bit faster.

I test my stencil with a white primer spray I had laying around in the shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment