Monday, July 21, 2014

Make a rustic key and envelope hanger for your home




This is a key hanger I made out of 6mm plywood. First of all I cut all the pieces to size. Then I glue and nail my parts. Then I round over the edges of the back side. I drill holes and glue dowels to hold the keys. I take my scroll saw and cut out the letters H O M E. I glue them on the piece. I sand the hole piece with 100 grit sandpaper.

Now it's time to paint. I apply a couple of coats of white primer and I sand between coats. Then I apply a couple of coats of black glossy paint. After the paint is dry I sand some parts of the piece to reveal the white primer under the black coat.

Now add a couple of hangers on the back and mount it on the wall. From now on you can easily store your keys and your day to day envelopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment